Monday, December 21, 2009

On the 8th Day of Christmas...

12 Days of Christmas: God's Gift To Me.

First Day: a wife
Second Day: 2 years of running
Third Day: 3 years of stable residence
Fourth Day: 4 children
Fifth Day: 5 year plan
Sixth Day: 6 books
Seventh Day: 7 episodes of disappointment & failure

Now here is where this Christmas series of blogs gets dicey. I don't have eight of anything. I really only have two choices, ideas that seem plausible. The first being Facebook, as Kate Gosselin keeps appearing as a friend suggestion. I could befriend her and claim that I know someone with 8 kids. It kind of weirds me out that her profile pic keeps showing up to begin with, not to mention the idea of befriending a single, female Hollywood star.

Or, I could go with the fact that I have no memory whatsoever of 8th grade year. Seriously. I know the name of the building I walked into every morning that year but that's it. I don't recall any teachers' names or funny pranks or anything associated with any extra curriculars. There was my three day bus suspension for fighting, my failed attempt with the Speech & Drama team, the cracking noise my voice started making, rigging the locker so I could forget the combination, the incessant acne, and the archery unit in P.E. Other than that, my mind is drawing a blank.

No comments: