Thursday, December 24, 2009

On the 12 Day of Christmas...

Let's review, shall we?

12 Days of Christmas: God's Gift to Me
First Day: a wife
Second Day: 2 years of running
Third Day: 3 years of stable residence
Fourth Day: 4 children
Fifth Day: 5 year plan
Sixth Day: 6 books
Seventh Day: 7 episodes of disappointment & failure
Eight Day: 8th grade year and no memory of it
Ninth Day: 9 years of wonderful marriage
Tenth Day: 10th grade salvation experience
Eleventh Day: 11 years of work



My passion is baseball. Most of you who know me personally know that all too well. I cannot get enough. It's been that way since I was eight years old. I had the opportunity to play organized baseball throughout my childhood and I enjoyed every second of it. Even as a young adult, God gave me just enough ability and perseverance to play. On this last day of Christmas blogs let me just state that the number 12 was sewn on my back as I played for the Asbury College Eagles.


The baseball field was the most effective classroom setting I ever experienced. My coaches and teammates throughout the 12 years I played were the greatest teachers. There was something about the team concept and the experiential learning environment that was just right for meeting my educational needs. Basic but important lessons and skills were learned and developed during these fun years. Not everyone gets a chance to play sports at the college level, and I am so grateful to God for that chance.

1 comment:

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

Yay! I'm glad for baseball, too, for it's how I got to meet you. :)