Thursday, December 24, 2009

On the 11th Day of Christmas...

God has given me 11 years of work. This might sound lame but with the current economic meltdown, I am reminded of the fragile job market and how I am not burdened with unemployment. Many are struggling, trying to piece together life with little resources, or none. To some small extent I can relate as there was a period of six months that I was unemployed. This period began just days before our second child was born. I was sent home--laid off/let go/freed up/downsized/available for other opportunities--whatever you want to call it. This was a scary time with medical bills on the way. God, in His mercy, opened up a new door and the fear was replaced with thanks. Although I am confident that all my needs will be met, I also understand that I am not immune to the reality of this down turn in prosperity.

Modest living with responsible and strategic financial planning, all wrapped up in faithful devotion to the One that makes life possible; that's the only advice I can give. Now back to work...

No comments: