Tuesday, February 3, 2009

110words #022

I participate in this very short fiction writers community called 110words. Here is my latest entry which happens to be the feature story this week. I don't call myself a writer, but I am trying to learn. This writing community is a good way to practice. Having my work featured defiantly injects a boost of confidence. Read my entry below and then check out the other participants work either from the link above or under "blogs i follow" to the right. You can participate too by just going to the blog. C'mon, join me.


Convincing Mom

Yes! This potentially no good, horribly bad day has turned sublime. "Good bye" community theater and "so long" teeth whitening commercials. My big break is finally here. I'm going to be a star with endorsements, paparazzi, bling, a pop album...I need to call my friends, oh and mom. How do I tell my mom about this part? Do I mention the bedroom scene? I'll never hear the end of it. I know, I'll tell her it's just a kissing scene, which I've done before. What if I have to take my pants off? She'll never understand. Ahhh, I'll say I have a stunt double and that those cheeks aren't mine.

3 comments:

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

I really liked that, Randy. Congratulations again!

j steg said...

mine was better. just kidding. this thing is fun isn't it?

random blogger said...

yep. i thought i would get extremely frustrated by now. writers block, stupid ideas, etc. i'm not exactly a writer but it is fun.