Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Line Between Waiting & Trusting

If you have been following then it is more than obvious that my prayer writing plan is shot.  Summer has been busy to say it mildly.  I have a great deal to be thankful about as well as significant questions pertaining to my immediate future.  At least I have God.  No, at most I have God!
_________________________________________________________________________________

Line Between Waiting & Trusting

Lord, life has been moving fast.  You have watched me the whole way.  I hope I have represented you well. Not just that, I hope I have made an impact.  Thank you for placing me in the path I find myself.  I feel like a kid again.

This summer has been full of gifts.  God, you have blessed me with new connections.  You have allowed me to fulfill dreams.  Fresh focus you have granted for my benefit.  Mostly God, my family has been provided for because of your generous open hand.

Summer is almost gone.  There are questions and needs that are gaining momentum.  I need to take action, but I wait for you.  Where is the line between waiting and trusting?  You have told me to "go the distance" and to "sacrifice."  I don't feel like I've done either even though my circumstances paint a different picture.  What does this mean?  Am I confused if I don't know which to ask:  "How much longer?" or "Has it started yet?".

Lord, come meet me in this place.  In the depths of my heart and in the bewilderment of my mind--come.  Infuse in my life more of your peace.  Grant me wisdom, God as I sort through next steps.  Please provide me options to sort through.  Make your voice loud and the distractions silent as I walk with you.

My thanks and needs I present sincerely,
Amen.

No comments: