Friday, May 18, 2012

Just A Crumb

One of my goals for the new year is to learn better how to pray; rather, to better connect with God.  Since I write as a hobby, I thought writing prayers may be a fresh approach to a sacred practice.  As you read these, please know that God is my intended audience.  I have prayed these words over and over.  I publish these here as a secondary act; praying that maybe some of you may connect to God.
*          *          *

Lord God, I am physically worn down.  My body is tired which leads my thinking and feeling to be somewhat volatile.  You know this already.  You made me.  Thank you for those things that are keeping me moving.  Family, kids, coaching, home improvements, thinking and planning, career change -- all of these are good with fruit to spare.

Give me strength Lord.  I need your Spirit to flood my mind and heart.  This body is a shell and can take a pounding but not without a firm foundation.

Give me rest Lord.  I want to be everything you mean for me to be.  The journey is long, and I want to be strong at every point along the way.

The smallest portion of what you have Lord is enough.  Please offer me just a crumb.  Already I am being filled just by your presence.  My hope is in you.  Thank you for being good and true.  Thank you for loving me the way you do.

Amen.

No comments: