Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Caught Off Guard

God appears and speaks...to me. I have been reminded as I process my thoughts, emotions, and surroundings that I have it sooooo made. Last night I was on a 3 mile run and I found myself praying. I asked for safety for me and my family. As soon as I uttered those words I immediately felt foolish. Physical safety is the least of God's concerns. The God who created the entire universe wants my heart, attention, and worship. I began to think about these things and as I prayed, God reveled to me the insignificance of my worries. As the Lord continues to re-shape my perspective I'm learning to consider the hugeness of God's authority in comparison to my individual baggage. When put in proper perspective I know that work, family, finances...life isn't so hard. Or at least it doesn't have to be. Let me suggest a review of Exodus 14 as Moses leads the Israelites on their exodus. Although it's a difficult thing to compare a trailing enemy army to the individual daily worries that we experience, the point is that as life happens God is not surprised or caught off guard. I was the one caught off guard as God met me on the trail.

No comments: