Friday, March 9, 2012

Excellent Things

One of my goals for the new year is to learn better how to pray; rather, to better connect with God.  Since I write as a hobby, I thought writing prayers may be a fresh approach to a sacred practice.  As you read these, please know that God is my intended audience.  I have prayed these words over and over.  I publish these here as a secondary act; praying that maybe some of you may connect to God.
*          *          *
Father, you are amazing
and true.
I have read about peace and sure enough,
you are right.
Paul, your servant, says to think about
excellent things.
Thinking...an abundance of gifts,
so many to note.
Father, you are gracious
and good.

During difficult times, your peace is the
perfect ointment.
Vision, plans, purpose and will
don't stop.
I think delay or roadblock and you
present opportunity.
How much more am I missing?
Lord speak.
Gratefully I present myself to you
and peace I accept.

Amen.

No comments: