Wednesday, June 3, 2009

[x-thoo-shush]

I am still participating in this writing group that focuses on learning the skills. So, the entries are short by design. I am learning to say more with less if that makes any sense. Some of you who are reading this and know me well can insert your snide remark here. Jokes aside, this week's entry is the second part of three dealing with genres. Based on the photo the assignment was to write a Sci-Fi story in 110 words or less.


[x-thoo-shush]

I am called Xthousious and I come from the city of Dark Forms. By my words my memory has returned but my strength fails. The Worm Lords have confounded me here. This place is cold and I feel a force within it; a shield of sorts, not elemental but spiritual. An evil presence looms here. I must depart at once. I can hear the waves of motion beyond this corridor but I am unable to pierce the threshold. Something--this presence--is preventing my advance. It's dominion I cannot break. Telepathic signals may reach my comrades in time; for rescue, before the hemorrhaging of the sun. Focus I must.

No comments: