Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Midgets, Miners, & Misery

110words recently published week 3 of 3 in the genre series. This last entry of the series required stories of a 'politically correct' nature. Since there were no other guidelines the participating authors worked with caution I'm sure. That's what makes this short story experiment so fun, the page is blank with any number of directions to take. Below is my entry.




Midgets, Miners, & Misery

Dear Mother,
I hope this letter finds you well as I myself am feeling ill. Don't worry; I'm fine, really. It's just the critics, they're overwhelming these days. I've caused quite a stir with my 'Snow White' creation. The 'Little People', corrected as I am, are seeking legislative asylum due to simply how they were referred. Those in the mining community are outraged claiming they were depicted erroneously as ignorant, naive laborers. I've enclosed a copy of the title tune to my new feature. Hopefully 'When You Wish upon a Star' will quiet the politically correct crowd. Not catching any flak from the children. Go figure.
With love,
Walt

No comments: