Wednesday, November 12, 2008

110words#012

Here is my latest entry in a short fiction experiment called 110words. This entry was submitted on Election Day eve and as you can see, politics was my source of inspiration. Maybe inspiration isn't exactly the right word. It must have struck a nerve because it was chosen as the feature last week.

Dirty Politics

"Geez Joe! Say it ain't so", Sarah shouts.

"Now that I'm VP I don't have all that much to do," Joe responds. "So I thought I would convert this restroom to accommodate both sexes like the North Koreans have done in public places. I am the foreign policy expert you know."

"This is the U.S. Capitol building, NOT North Korea." Condescendingly Sarah jabs, "Haven't you ever heard of freedom?"

"That's unfair," Joe says.

"Is it?" Sarah replies, "You're peering over my restroom stall. Unless you're here to diffuse a nuclear bomb I don't need you in every aspect of my life."

Joe concludes, "You haven't see the half of it."

No comments: