Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My New Favorite Player

Last night's home run Derby in Yankee Stadium was one of the best viewing experiences I've had as a baseball fan. Not because it was held for the last time in Yankee Stadium, although that in and of itself made the event special. The reason this will be a lasting memory is because of the story of Josh Hamilton. Not only did he hit a record 28 dingers in the first round; he absolutely crushed the ball beyond the 500 foot mark several times. If this is where the Josh Hamilton story ends then it's a must read. I have a feeling there will be much more to come of which I will be paying close attention. Unbelievable! Josh Hamilton is my new favorite player.

If you aren't familiar with Hamilton's background and why what he did last night is so significant then check it out in his own words at http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2926447.

No comments: